The next meeting of the Cabrini Commuter Crew (C3) will be Monday, May 1 at 11am in library basement room 1.
The Cabrini Commuter Crew (C3) is an newly founded club specifically for commuter students.
Biweekly meetings will take place Mondays from 11am to 12pm in library basement room 1
The club will allow students to meet new people, stay updated on campus events, and get involved!
For more information or to join the Cabrini Commuter Crew, please email Jessica Ferrarelli at email@example.com.
- $4 round trip Philly tickets Monday Through Friday – Fast Track Week
- Film Friday; Moana Friday in WLH @9pm
- Grand Slam Entertainment Center trip Saturday, vans leave @ 6:30pm
- Roller Skate Party Saturday March 18th 8pm-12pm Dixon Center; anyone wants to volunteer. $3-5.
- FAFSA Deadline – Cabrini deadline May 1st.
- Ideas for next two months: Aquarium Trip; Movie on Campus; Beauty and the Beast Trip (March 17th Weekend; $4 regal movie tickets in SEaL)
- Volunteer Opportunity: SAAC; Meals on Wheels Program; deliver meals to low income elderly individuals in the Norristown Area; Monday preferably, forms will be sent out in an email
- Pre-ordering shirts
- Culture Fest Today at 6pm
- Fafsa deadline May 1st,
- Deadline to file taxes is April 18th. A member and Ritchie are doing taxes through VITA;
- Commuter Appreciation week of March 20th
- 2 commuter events already planned: pledge table (Mon), Commuter quizzo (Tues)
- Sox for 60 event; Cabrini is 60 this year. Collecting socks of any kind; going to homeless in Philadelphia; held during February 15th 12-8pm (Grace Hall) Volunteer our time to obtain socks
- Cash Cab idea; game on the shuttle that is based on Trivia; win prizes; get more members or commuters engaged before we go ahead with this; ppl who are van-certified can drive cash van; drive at night service to drive from one building to another; friday or saturday night for those who are legal to drink; if we offered to drive them from the party back to campus.
- Group Me, msgs a few days before the meeting to remind students of the meetings due to the switch in meetings to bi-weekly
- February 12th Nursing Home- volunteer to make cards
- Minutes for all meetings are available on CabriniCommuterConnection.wordpress.com
- President plans to open up website to participants to share their experiences as a commuter next semester
- Updates: Cabrini Day is November 15th (No day classes), Thanksgiving break is November 23-27, Commuter Minute to Win It is November 29 at 4pm in Widener Lecture Hall.
- Possible trips: David Buster’s in Plymouth Meeting and Hershey Park in December
- Public Safety guest speaker (maybe) come to speak to us about parking and campus rules
- Donations (Thanksgiving canned goods and Christmas toys for kids)
- Showed the results for t-shirts and concluded that t-shirt 2 won with the majority of votes (White shirt with red logo)
- Due to the holidays approaching, please bring canned goods to next weeks meeting so we can donate them. Anything you can bring is greatly appreciated but there is no pressure if you cannot bring canned food. The executive board and I are also looking into other charitable work we can do such as donating toys and care packages for soldiers. We will update everyone with more details as we get them.
- This week we also discussed the parking ticket flyers for the cars. It has come to my attention that we need to ask permission from public safety before doing this because it has been an issue in the past. Once we speak with public safety we will let you know if you can start printing them. I will send the flyer when it is ready and if we can go along with the idea. Fingers crossed!
- Finally, we are planning on taking a trip to Hershey Park in December! If you would like to attend the trip please take the survey below to choose from a few date options. We will also need the money by Friday, November 18th so we can purchase the tickets for a discounted rate. The tickets will be $14 each. Feel free to bring the money to our meeting on Wednesday. If you cannot make the meeting please let us know and we can find a way to get the money from you. We can discuss more details on Wednesday about the trip. Hershey Survey: https://goo.gl/forms/ZsB7b8tkaLAh8u9q1
Meeting Minutes 11/2/16
- Recap on budgeting; T-shirts to market our group
- Events for this and next semester
- Constitution that entails our mission and what we are about and what will we do; no application is necessary to join our group; at least a minimum of 3 meetings to stay a member.
- Trips: Amusement parks; Penn’s landing ice skating, Dave & Busters, Arnolds Go-Kart, Ozzie’s, Sky-Zone, Bowling (Facenda Whitakers).
- Van Certification, Brandywine or Elmwood Park Zoo, Adventure Aquarium.
- Vote on shirt logos- survey to be sent out.
Meeting Minutes 10/26/16
- Second meeting
- 3 new members
- Introduced new commuters; Welcome Guys!
- Executive Board review of who’s in charge: Jessica (President), Fabrine (Vice President), Richard M (Treasurer), Richard K (Secretary)
- Budgeting: T-Shirts customized by ourselves; Bring in ideas for our logo!
- Possibilities: Out to eat at the end of semester; volunteer event
- Event: “Minute to Win it”-a minute to complete each game; Mid-November; will discuss date later
- Where would this be held?…. Possibly, Dixon Center, Grace Hall, any suggestions feel free to contact us through email.
- Instagram will be used as a form of social media to spread awareness of our Crew
- Flyers in a shape of a parking ticket for 2 semesters; WHAT WE ARE ? WHAT WE DO?
- Post in the library, jazzman, people’s cars, founder’s hall
Meeting Minutes 10/19/16:
- First meeting
- 6 new members
- Executive board decided:
- Fabrine (Vice President), Richie (Secretary), and Richard (Treasurer).
- Decided we want club to be a mixture of a social group as well as hold events and volunteer.